Join the Friends
If you are a Friend already, thank you! If you would like to join or renew online, we are in the process of setting that up. In the meantime, if you would like to join with a check, please download this form or pick up a membership form at the library.
The Friends of the Wells Public Library group began in 1979. Since becoming a 501(c)3 group in 2014 we have given over $175,000 to the library. Our main mission is to provide funding for the library’s programs. Being a Friend is an opportunity to meet and get to know others who love the library as much as you do, and your donation is tax deductible. Our meetings are currently held in the library, with the option to join over Zoom, at 10:15 a.m. on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
Please email email@example.com for a Zoom invitation.
Here are some of the programs and services provided by the Friends:
- Children's Programs including magic shows, puppet shows, nature and science programs, afterschool teen programs, and the Annual Pet Show.
- Adult Programs including music, history, writing and Do-it-Yourself programs, author talks, films and lectures.
- Expanded library collections including digital books
- Museum passes
- Childrens, Young Adult and Adult Summer Reading Programs
- Bill Ryan Memorial Art Collection
We hope that you will join us in supporting the Wells Public Library.
Officers of the Friends of the Wells Public Library
President: Jackie Quinton
Vice-President/Treasurer: Bud Marvel
Secretary: Mary Midura
Trustee Liaison: Jim Purdy
Updated July, 2023